VISION & MISSION
The SOCIETY OF MANUFACTURERS OF ELECTRIC VEHICLES (SMEV)
**SMEV is committed to providing active support to EV industry and Govt. of India in shaping up the right future for Electric Vehicles and to put India on the Global map of EVs. SMEV would assist in creating a comprehensive ecosystem that accentuates the positives and mitigates the negative impact of EVs on our environment and Indian economy.
We work closely with NITI Aayog, Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, Ministry of Heavy Industry and State Nodal agencies on policy framework & pilot projects for the implementation of Electric Mobility across the many Indian States and Union Territories.
SMEV strongly propagates:
* Front Loading of Incentive, at least for first 1-2 million EVs
* Mandating the use of EVs in the e-commerce, courier, food delivery and such companies to convert their entire fleet into green mobility over a period of three years.
*Enlarging the subsidy pool by imposing the marginal cess on polluting ICE vehicles.
* Mandate nationalised banks for preferential and priority sector funding of EVs.
* Installation of metered charging sockets in all parking, malls, multistorage apartments through mandating/amending laws.
* Dedicated budget allocation for EVs awareness program like other Govt schemes.
*To support the EV industry, to include 200% weighted deduction on investment made under R&D, for Income Tax calculation purposes, beyond 2020.
* Opportunity battery swapping for 2W/3W as it will reduce the cost of ownership and remove the sticker as well as the range anxiety.
*Uniform GST rate for EV and Battery and also lower GST rate for OE and replacement battery